Joe Hindy / Android Authority
Welcome to the 456th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed below are the large headlines from the final week.
- India fined Google roughly $162 million for anti-competitive practices. It’s similar to the EU fantastic again in 2018. Google makes use of its dominance to pressure OEMs to preinstall apps that hold folks from looking for alternate options. We love Android round these elements, however it’s tough to defend them in the case of stuff like this. Hit the hyperlink for extra particulars.
- Samsung’s cellphone cameras bought a bit higher this week. The primary is Samsung introducing a a number of publicity mode and an astrophotography mode. These had been launched in Samsung’s Knowledgeable RAW app. The second is a brand new Good Lock module, Digital camera Assistant, which helps you to customise the usual digicam app. The 2 hyperlinks will let you know extra about every.
- As well as, Samsung additionally introduced that it was bringing extra emojis to the corporate’s smartphones. The Android 13 One UI 5 replace coming to telephones is lastly offering assist for Unicode 14, which is able to add 138 new emojis to Samsung telephones. Hit the hyperlink to be taught extra.
- An Apple government talked about iMessage on Android this week. He referred to it as a throwaway endeavor that might’ve hindered innovation. In essence, he claimed that Apple wouldn’t be capable to ship a very good product if it needed to assist Android. We nonetheless assume it’s as a result of fewer folks could be iPhones, however it’s what it’s.
- Materials You has been out for a couple of 12 months now, and we seemed to see how builders had been faring. It’s been a bit sluggish, and far slower than when Materials Design first got here out. Nevertheless, we’re shocked to see some apps, like Spotify, adopting some options. You’ll be able to hit the hyperlink to be taught extra.
Worth: Free to play
Hire Please is a landlord simulator. You play the function of landlord and do the sorts of issues that landlords do. That features attending to know your tenants, enhancing your property, and amassing lease. You retain this loop up till you get all the things you need. There may be some technique concerned. For instance, you must determine how a lot to cost for utilities, however nonetheless hold your tenants blissful. It’s an honest simulator general, even with the microtransactions.
Worth: Free with in-app purchases
Yonder is a webcomics reader. You’ll be able to obtain and browse comics from a wide range of genres. It even has some unique stuff. By way of usability, it looks like most comedian readers. You obtain the comedian, open it, and browse it. It has a system the place you possibly can unlock free stuff from time to time. Nevertheless, you purchase cash to unlock the stuff you need instantly. It has a couple of bugs, as most new apps do, however in any other case, it’s not dangerous.
Path to Nowhere
Worth: Free to play
Path to Nowhere is a technique RPG with some tower protection components. You play by way of the sport to unlock its story. Merely put, you play the function of a cop in a metropolis stuffed with crime. There are gacha components. You summon characters that can assist you defeat the dangerous guys. Fight is a mixture between technique RPG and tower protection. Enemies transfer alongside a set path, and it’s essential to defeat them earlier than they depart. Followers of Arknights may additionally take pleasure in this one, as most of the base components are related.
Google Household Hyperlink
Google is maintaining the redesigns rolling with a brand new model of Household Hyperlink. The primary main distinction is the UI. It’s somewhat extra organized than the outgoing design. The three-tabbed design. One tab reveals your little one’s utilization, a second reveals management limits, and the third for GPS location.
The redesign is generally within the UI, as many of the underlying performance is similar as earlier than. There are a couple of new options, like Right this moment’s Restrict, the place dad and mom can manually set a display screen time restrict with out messing with their every day routines. We predict the redesign is nice general and will make Google Household Hyperlink simpler to make use of.
Worth: Free to play
Panilla Saga is a gacha RPG. It focuses closely on the gacha components, and new gamers get an absurd variety of pulls only for logging in for the primary time. The charges are fairly respectable. The remainder of the sport is pretty simple to play. Fight isn’t something particular. You ship out 5 characters, they usually go to battle towards the enemies to see who wins. We hit the grind wall sooner than anticipated, so get your grind face on since you’ll want it early. In any other case, the sport appears to be like and feels fairly good. It ought to scratch the gacha itch, however there are higher RPGs on the market.
If we missed any huge Android apps or video games information, inform us about it within the feedback.
Thanks for studying. Strive these out too: