NOV 1 JOKER Kareem Hunt had simply pitched in to Cleveland’s 32-13 win over Cincinnati on “Monday Evening Soccer” and it was Halloween. So it made good sense that he would have fun in his manner.
“I imply, I am down for no matter, man,” Hunt stated, per NFL.com. “I am a soccer participant and this can be a enterprise. So I am able to do no matter they determine with me.”
“That is both go someplace else or right here, something it do not matter. I like the sport of soccer,” stated Hunt, who should additionally love being “The Joker” on Halloween, on condition that he performed his postgame interview in his “Batman”-related masks.
OCT 31 HUNT TO NFC EAST? The Philadelphia Eagles, in response to a quantity of rumors, are excited by Cleveland Browns operating again Kareem Hunt. It is being urged that the Browns would transfer the previous NFL dashing champ and their backup runner for perhaps only a fourth-round decide, and that Hunt would serve in Philly because the backup to Miles Sanders.
NFL insider Jay Glazer has famous that he might see the Eagles buying and selling for a operating again, which provides credence – if not logic – to the rumor. Assuming a part of the rationale for Hunt’s unhappiness in Cleveland is that he is the caddy to starter Nick Chubb … why would he be blissful as Sanders’ backup?
Say this about Philly, although: at 7-0, the roster that is been construct is the product of many, many proper strikes.
OCT 31 ‘EMBARRASSED’ ROQUAN TRADED The Chicago Bears had been handed a 49-29 loss by the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, one thing star linebacker Roquan Smith discovered “embarrassing.”
And now Smith is being traded to the Baltimore Ravens. … and in doing so jumps from a 3-5 NFC loser to a 5-3 AFC winner.
The Bears reportedly get a second-rounder and a fifth-rounder because the Ravens will work on a long-term extension for the younger expertise.
OCT 31 BRANDIN COOKS TIES In our two current conversations with Texans sources, the group continues to downplay the thought of buying and selling receiver Brandin Cooks.
And there are prohibitive causes for him shifting, as 1) we imagine Houston would ask for a second-round decide in trade and a pair of) he is obtained an $18 million price ticket locked in for 2023.
However would he assist Dallas or one other contending staff? Little question, the “take-the-top-off” vet succeeding in Houston (in seven begins this 12 months the 29-year-old has 32 catches for 354 yards and one landing) regardless of shaky QB play.
He is a perennial 1,000-yard man and his title has now popped up in two media spots, in Dallas and in New York. Are the Cowboys actually that excited by spending what it takes right here?
OCT 31 STEPHEN JONES HINTS AT OBJ? Regardless of the “itch” and the “risk-taker” mentality of Jerry Jones, COO Stephen Jones stated the Cowboys are “snug” at wideout.
However then Stephen added: “After which there’s some guys that don’t belong to anyone which are on the market.”
There are? At receiver? Who?
Stephen’s quote, and our “who” listing, is right here.
OCT 31 DANCING TO DEADLINE DEALS? The Dallas Cowboys and the remainder of the NFL face a Tuesday afternoon commerce deadline … and CowboysSI.com’s one-on-one with Jerry Jones leaves our Mike Fisher believing Jerry has “The Itch.”
Writes Fish: “Jerry Jones has “the itch.”
“My 32 years of chronicling the Jones period in Dallas doesn’t include ensures concerning what the Cowboys will do between now and Tuesday’s deadline. The “who”? The “what”? The openly-discussed broad receiver”?
“These dances can’t be danced alone; Jerry – and Stephen Jones and Will McClay, most instantly concerned – want keen companions.
“However this I can say, after a few post-game at-large media periods after which a festive elevator journey on the way in which to Jones’ AT&T Stadium suite:
“Jerry Jones desires there to be a chance the place he can make the most of his belief in his “really feel and guts and intuition and willingness to go on on the market and take that danger.”
Learn extra about that right here.
Scroll to Proceed
OCT 31 NAMING NAMES IN NEW ENGLAND Amidst a number of experiences that the Patriots have been fielding calls on quite a few gamers, names akin to proper deal with Isaiah Wynn, operating again Damien Harris and security Jabril Peppers have been talked about among the many newest rumors surrounding the Patriots. It is also being reported that New England had not too long ago obtained inquiries on all of the Pats vet wideouts, together with Jakobi Meyers, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.
Is Jerry Jones studying this?
OCT 31: 10 NAMES Sunday was an enormous launch day for rumors, with the Buffalo Payments very a lot within the information. The Buffalo Information created a top-10 listing, and listed below are our responses at they relate to the Payments and past …
1) Rams operating again Cam Akers. Sources in L.A. have instructed us the 2 events are “accomplished” with each other. Drawback: Akers does not appear to be operating with a lot “juice,” rendering him much less harmful than the highest two backs on the Buffalo roster.
2) Texans receiver Brandin Cooks. Cooks is a take-the-top-off weapon, however the Texans, per a supply, would solely pay attention if a second-round decide was provided. That, and Cooks’ 2023 wage of $18 million makes this a non-starter.
3) Panthers guard Austin Corbett. He has a tie with the Payments teaching workers and the Panthers are in fire-sale mode. (Regardless that they insist they don’t seem to be.)
4) Panthers offensive lineman Cam Erving. Erving is a former Cowboy and is, respectfully, only a man.
5) Lions security DeShon Elliott. Primarily based on his time with the Lions – with a protection that appears to surrender 35 factors on the drop of a hat – this is not very interesting.
6) Commanders operating again Antonio Gibson. The Washington entrance workplace is on the file as denying wishing to deal Gibson. (We’d throw Cleveland’s Kareem Hunt into this class as nicely – as a reputation to discover, at the very least.)
7) Falcons middle Matt Hennessy. A depth piece for the Payments? Certain. However remember the fact that coming into Week 8, the Falcons – slightly amazingly – are in first place within the NFC South … that means they haven’t any purpose to be sellers.
8) Broncos receiver Jerry Jeudy. A 2020 first-round draft decide, Jeudy would in all probability like to exit the Denver mess. The Broncos, although, could be smart to ask an exorbitant commerce value right here.
There’s Cowboys-related gossip right here however we are saying extra smoke than fireplace.
By the way in which, and this goes for Cooks and for the Steelers’ Chase Claypool and perhaps for free agent Odell Beckham Jr., too: We surprise if the Payments entrance workplace is as obsessive about the thought of including to Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis as the general public clearly is?
9) Bears operating again David Montgomery. He’s within the last 12 months of his rookie contract, so this is able to be a rental. Do the Payments want so as to add a “energy again”? And if that’s the case, do not they have already got one within the mothballed Zack Moss?
10) 49ers security Tarvarius Moore. The 49ers view themselves as contenders, not “sellers” – as evidenced by their willingness to pay a value for Christian McCaffrey that the Payments would not meet.
OCT 30 AIKMAN SEES NEED A member of the Dallas Cowboys “household” is making an attempt to assist with an opinion – and his title occurs to be “Troy Aikman.”
“You higher have some offense in in the present day’s NFL in the event you’re going to win video games,” Aikman instructed TMZ when requested if his outdated staff ought to look so as to add a large receiver. “The way in which you will have offense is you will have weapons, and also you’ve gotta have multiple or two.”
Aikman modern Michael Irvin has a really feel for one more concept, the signing of rehabbing free agent Odell Beckham Jr.?
That is Irvin’s pinpointed man, it appears. Aikman doesn’t have a reputation; he’s simply obtained an informed opinion. A receiver commerce, Aikman stated, “would assist them for positive.”
Value noting: Aikman issued these feedback about Dallas “needing some offense” earlier than the Cowboys beat the Bears 49-29 to maneuver to 6-2 on the bye.
OCT 26 ONE-UPPED? We have to say that Dallas’ deal for Johnathan Hankins truly preceded theEagles’ commerce for Robert Quinn. So no, Dallas didn’t “reply” to the “arms race” there. However that does not imply some aren’t calling for one more response, particularly as rumors floor that Philly could be chasing Saints celebrity operating again Alvin Kamara.
America’s Crew ALERT! Get your Dallas Cowboys recreation TICKETS from SI Tickets … right here!
Comply with FishSports on Twitter
Comply with Cowboys / Fish on Fb
Subscribe to the Cowboys Fish Report on YouTube for fixed every day Cowboys live-stream podcasts and experiences!