NOV 1 DE COST The Cowboys proceed to be related to pass-rush commerce rumors (see Bradley Chubb) … not that we fully see the logic.
However simply in case, it’s educational to know the worth.
We all know it as a result of the Los Angeles Rams provide for Panthers edge Brian Burns is, by way of. Albert Breer of Sports activities Illustrated, consisting of two-first spherical picks.
It appears doubtless that the Panthers turned down the Rams’ provide of these two first-rounders as a result of they’d are available in 2024 and 2025; that’s all of the Rams have.
However it may also point out how a lot Carolina actually doesn’t wish to lose their premier sack artist.
And it’d recommend how unlikely it’s that Dallas travels this path.
NOV 1 JOKER Kareem Hunt had simply pitched in to Cleveland’s 32-13 win over Cincinnati on “Monday Night time Soccer” and it was Halloween. So it made excellent sense that he would have fun in his approach.
“I imply, I am down for no matter, man,” Hunt stated, per NFL.com. “I am a soccer participant and this can be a enterprise. So I am able to do no matter they resolve with me.”
“That is both go elsewhere or right here, something it do not matter. I really like the sport of soccer,” stated Hunt, who should additionally love being “The Joker” on Halloween, on condition that he carried out his postgame interview in his “Batman”-related masks.
OCT 31 HUNT TO NFC EAST? The Philadelphia Eagles, in accordance with a quantity of rumors, are curious about Cleveland Browns working again Kareem Hunt. It is being prompt that the Browns would transfer the previous NFL dashing champ and their backup runner for perhaps only a fourth-round decide, and that Hunt would serve in Philly because the backup to Miles Sanders.
NFL insider Jay Glazer has famous that he may see the Eagles buying and selling for a working again, which provides credence – if not logic – to the rumor. Assuming a part of the explanation for Hunt’s unhappiness in Cleveland is that he is the caddy to starter Nick Chubb … why would he be glad as Sanders’ backup?
Say this about Philly, although: at 7-0, the roster that is been construct is the product of many, many proper strikes.
OCT 31 ‘EMBARRASSED’ ROQUAN TRADED The Chicago Bears have been handed a 49-29 loss by the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, one thing star linebacker Roquan Smith discovered “embarrassing.”
And now Smith is being traded to the Baltimore Ravens. … and in doing so jumps from a 3-5 NFC loser to a 5-3 AFC winner.
The Bears reportedly get a second-rounder and a fifth-rounder because the Ravens will work on a long-term extension for the younger expertise.
OCT 31 BRANDIN COOKS TIES In our two current conversations with Texans sources, the group continues to downplay the concept of buying and selling receiver Brandin Cooks.
And there are prohibitive causes for him transferring, as 1) we consider Houston would ask for a second-round decide in change and a couple of) he is obtained an $18 million price ticket locked in for 2023.
However would he assist Dallas or one other contending workforce? Little question, the “take-the-top-off” vet succeeding in Houston (in seven begins this yr the 29-year-old has 32 catches for 354 yards and one landing) regardless of shaky QB play.
However then Stephen added: “After which there’s some guys that don’t belong to anyone which can be on the market.”
There are? At receiver? Who?
OCT 31 DANCING TO DEADLINE DEALS? The Dallas Cowboys and the remainder of the NFL face a Tuesday afternoon commerce deadline … and CowboysSI.com’s one-on-one with Jerry Jones leaves our Mike Fisher believing Jerry has “The Itch.”
“My 32 years of chronicling the Jones period in Dallas doesn’t include ensures concerning what the Cowboys will do between now and Tuesday’s deadline. The “who”? The “what”? The openly-discussed huge receiver”?
“These dances can’t be danced alone; Jerry – and Stephen Jones and Will McClay, most straight concerned – want prepared companions.
Scroll to Proceed
“However this I can say, after a few post-game at-large media classes after which a festive elevator experience on the best way to Jones’ AT&T Stadium suite:
“Jerry Jones desires there to be a chance the place he can make the most of his belief in his “really feel and guts and intuition and willingness to go on on the market and take that threat.”
OCT 31 NAMING NAMES IN NEW ENGLAND Amidst a number of studies that the Patriots have been fielding calls on quite a few gamers, names comparable to proper deal with Isaiah Wynn, working again Damien Harris and security Jabril Peppers have been talked about among the many newest rumors surrounding the Patriots. It is also being reported that New England had just lately obtained inquiries on all of the Pats vet wideouts, together with Jakobi Meyers, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.
Is Jerry Jones studying this?
OCT 31: 10 NAMES Sunday was a giant launch day for rumors, with the Buffalo Payments very a lot within the information. The Buffalo Information created a top-10 record, and listed below are our responses at they relate to the Payments and past …
1) Rams working again Cam Akers. Sources in L.A. have informed us the 2 events are “executed” with each other. Drawback: Akers would not appear to be working with a lot “juice,” rendering him much less harmful than the highest two backs on the Buffalo roster.
2) Texans receiver Brandin Cooks. Cooks is a take-the-top-off weapon, however the Texans, per a supply, would solely pay attention if a second-round decide was supplied. That, and Cooks’ 2023 wage of $18 million makes this a non-starter.
3) Panthers guard Austin Corbett. He has a tie with the Payments teaching workers and the Panthers are in fire-sale mode. (Regardless that they insist they don’t seem to be.)
4) Panthers offensive lineman Cam Erving. Erving is a former Cowboy and is, respectfully, only a man.
5) Lions security DeShon Elliott. Primarily based on his time with the Lions – with a protection that appears to surrender 35 factors on the drop of a hat – this is not very interesting.
6) Commanders working again Antonio Gibson. The Washington entrance workplace is on the report as denying wishing to deal Gibson. (We’d throw Cleveland’s Kareem Hunt into this class as nicely – as a reputation to discover, no less than.)
7) Falcons heart Matt Hennessy. A depth piece for the Payments? Positive. However needless to say coming into Week 8, the Falcons – reasonably amazingly – are in first place within the NFC South … which means they haven’t any cause to be sellers.
8) Broncos receiver Jerry Jeudy. A 2020 first-round draft decide, Jeudy would most likely like to exit the Denver mess. The Broncos, although, could be smart to ask an exorbitant commerce worth right here.
There’s Cowboys-related gossip right here however we are saying extra smoke than fireplace.
By the best way, and this goes for Cooks and for the Steelers’ Chase Claypool and perhaps for free agent Odell Beckham Jr., too: We marvel if the Payments entrance workplace is as obsessive about the concept of including to Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis as the general public clearly is?
9) Bears working again David Montgomery. He’s within the last yr of his rookie contract, so this might be a rental. Do the Payments want so as to add a “energy again”? And if that’s the case, do not they have already got one within the mothballed Zack Moss?
10) 49ers security Tarvarius Moore. The 49ers view themselves as contenders, not “sellers” – as evidenced by their willingness to pay a worth for Christian McCaffrey that the Payments would not meet.
OCT 30 AIKMAN SEES NEED A member of the Dallas Cowboys “household” is making an attempt to assist with an opinion – and his identify occurs to be “Troy Aikman.”
“You higher have some offense in immediately’s NFL if you happen to’re going to win video games,” Aikman informed TMZ when requested if his outdated workforce ought to look so as to add a large receiver. “The way in which you’ve gotten offense is you’ve gotten weapons, and also you’ve gotta have multiple or two.”
Aikman modern Michael Irvin has a really feel for an additional concept, the signing of rehabbing free agent Odell Beckham Jr.?
That is Irvin’s pinpointed man, it appears. Aikman doesn’t have a reputation; he’s simply obtained an informed opinion. A receiver commerce, Aikman stated, “would assist them for positive.”
Price noting: Aikman issued these feedback about Dallas “needing some offense” earlier than the Cowboys beat the Bears 49-29 to maneuver to 6-2 on the bye.
OCT 26 ONE-UPPED? We have to say that Dallas’ deal for Johnathan Hankins really preceded theEagles’ commerce for Robert Quinn. So no, Dallas didn’t “reply” to the “arms race” there. However that does not imply some aren’t calling for an additional response, particularly as rumors floor that Philly is perhaps chasing Saints celebrity working again Alvin Kamara.
America’s Workforce ALERT! Get your Dallas Cowboys sport TICKETS from SI Tickets … right here!
Comply with FishSports on Twitter
Comply with Cowboys / Fish on Fb